I Acquired This, Affiliate Links
Have you read all the hoopla for Olive and June nail process? To be trustworthy I hadn’t, even however it is been all-around for a few of many years. Justine G., my beauty blogger close friend, pointed out it on Fb a couple of months back, asking what we assumed about it. The majority explained it was a activity changer, so you know I couldn’t resist. I identified a code for 20% off, and that sealed the deal. I think the Mani Process such as tax ended up costing me about $50.
I went to the Olive and June web site to examine it out and see if I could ascertain what tends to make it so great. I watched one particular of the intro video clips starring the CEO, Sarah Gibson Tuttle, and while she form of bugged me, I preferred the point that it appeared like she essentially does her own nails since they have been not tremendous prolonged or beautifully formed. Rather her nails seemed ordinary and like she utilised the Olive and June nail process. The online video also confirmed what was in the Mani Procedure and how to use it.
Other bloggers on Facebook claimed how considerably they cherished the Dry Drops, so as long as I was having 20% off, I threw them in my cart as well.
This is the first of two posts I will do about Olive and June’s Mani Method and Dry Drops due to the fact now was the initially time I made use of them. I’ll submit a comply with up in a number of weeks.
The Core Olive and June Mani Program
The Mani Technique will come with the main goods to full the Olive and June manicure:
- a green very clear heavy plastic zip-lock type bag to retail outlet your tools
- an emery board
- a buffer
- a nail clipper
- a touch up brush
- Nail Polish Remover Pot
- one particular bottle of nail polish (your option of shades)
- a device that you can put on the top rated of the polish bottle to make it simpler to use when you’re working with your non-dominant hand
- Tremendous Glossy Top rated Coat
- Cuticle Serum.
The solutions are vegan and cruelty-free.
Immediately after just one particular use, my favorites so significantly are:
- the plastic zip-lock bag to shop the resources simply because it’s distinct and a great deal even bigger than the makeup bag I had been using
- the touch up brush due to the fact I didn’t have one and I like the rounded form of the bristles that make it easier to use
- the nail polish with the best size, flat brush for my nails
- the tremendous shiny Tremendous Shiny Prime Coat
- Cuticle Serum with the cool applicator.
Steps in the Olive and June Mani
- Take out outdated polish. Olive and June make a significant deal about eliminating each previous bit of aged polish and having clear, oil-free nails to begin with. I had a little little bit of outdated polish that I missed so I dipped my nails into the compact polish remover tub. Below the lid, there is a small attached sponge that you can use on your toes. Considering that I didn’t have substantially polish on my nails, I cannot say how great a occupation it would do getting rid of a complicated to clear away polish. But it was light and it does not contain acetone, yay.
- Form nails. O&J says you need to adhere to the experienced manicurist rule to condition your nails: 90% with the nail clipper and 10% with the file. I didn’t have to do much to form my nails this time, so I skipped the nail clipper and just made use of my beloved and bejeweled Mont Bleu glass nail file as a substitute of their regular style emery board.
- Buff nails. Their small buffer was quick to use and worked very well.
- Polish nails. I chose the LD polish, a fairly dusty pink cream. I have no notion what LD stands for. They have heaps neutrals, nudes and pastels mainly because O&J states that they are a lot easier to utilize than daring shades. But, they have quite a few reds and a couple of significantly less conventional shades. There are a few metallics, and two glitter polishes. There are 79 polish shades in complete. The polish is 7-totally free: formulated with out Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde resin, Camphor, Ethyl tosylamide, Xylene. The polish is produced in Korea. O&J advocate applying two coats of polish, and it protected wholly in two coats. The system of the polish was quite pleasant, and it wasn’t at all streaky. BTW, the polish has constructed-in basecoat, yay! O&J strongly recommends allowing for 10 minutes of dry time among coats. Sorry, not gonna transpire.
- The wand is great for my nails. It’s large plenty of to almost cover my nails fully. It was straightforward to use particularly with my dominant hand. The extensive white bottle cap is detachable, and it reveals a much smaller cap. A squeezable, spherical plastic gadget referred to as The Poppy “pops” on to the compact cap underneath the vast cap. Its position is to make it less difficult to polish your nails with your non-dominant hand. I’m not positive that it produced a significant distinction for me, but it’s a innovative concept and I will consider it all over again future time.
- Apply Tremendous Glossy Top Coat. The Tremendous Shiny Prime Coat has a wand which is related or probably the very same as the nail polish. Actually, the bottle is the same, but the wide cap does not appear off like the nail polish cap so you simply cannot use the plastic machine when you utilize the prime coat with your non-dominant hand. It didn’t issue to me. The Shiny Leading Coat that arrives in the shiny, opaque mirrored bottle is super shiny. I enjoy it.
- Drop on Dry Drops to assistance dry nails. As I talked about previously mentioned, everybody beloved the Dry Drops, so I purchased them as an insert-on. I have applied very similar drying drops from Essence a several years in the past. You apply the Dry Drops with the tube applicator. The Drops are oily, and when I tried to drop a single fall on my nails, it kind of rolled off numerous of my nails. But I guess more than enough stayed on simply because my nails did look to dry speedily, within just a few minutes.
- Clean up up with the clean up up brush. Prior to I received the O&J Mani Procedure, I rarely cleaned up about my nails. I didn’t genuinely have a dedicated nail clear up brush, and when I grabbed a random brush to use, it usually wasn’t shaped the right way to use for nail cleanse up. I seriously like the form of the bristle head.
- Use Cuticle Serum. The creamy, lightweight cuticle serum is used with a tube applicator with a comfortable, fluffy, cottony leading. The white serum soaked in and dried promptly.
The Mani Method that I acquired also came with two sheets of stickers which includes letters, numbers and objects like sun shades etcetera. in vibrant hues to use to “personalize” the box that the system will come in. The stickers would be pleasurable if you were being gifting the Mani Method to a kid or extremely youthful teenager.
The end result was remarkable. My nails seemed quite glossy like after a qualified salon mani. And my cuticles looked much healthier than standard. So much, so great!
Since I just did my mani today, I don’t know how very well the mani will have on. O&J stresses the value of implementing another coat of Shiny Prime Coat each working day to hold the polish from chipping. I will test to remember to do it. I will report again about dress in time in the potential.
I only bought 1 bottle of nail polish, and I know I won’t want to don the same colour all the time. I envision that I can use the Mani Process with other brand names of polish, in all probability even with the Super Glossy Major Coat. I’ll let you know when I try out that.
Olive and June Solutions
You can obtain a solitary polish with the Mani System or 6 shades. You can also invest in a bundle of 6 shiny summertime shades called Summer months Squeeze , an even greater Summertime Set as properly as The Spring Established with 3 pastel and 3 deep shades. They even have the Summer months Minis Set that I regarded as getting, but then I resolved I really should check out the Process and specially the nail polish itself ahead of I took a instead huge plunge. Now I desire I had it. They also sell the Dry Drops, the Super Glossy Prime Coat, and even a Nail Primer (that they said was crafted into the nail polish?), as perfectly as a Serum Bundle separately.
In addition, there’s a Pedi Method and the Comprehensive Method that incorporates anything for manis and pedis. There’s also a Weekender Mani Process that I predicted to be a pared down edition of the Mani System, but rather it is an expanded technique that involves Dry Drops, Hand Serum, “white star” nail stickers, and a much larger zipper pouch to keep every thing in.
Regretably for me, Olive and June fees for shipping for purchases under $40, and you know how that irritates me. So I will most likely wait till I operate out of Dry Drops, Super Glossy Prime Coat, and Nail Serum so I can access $40 for cost-free shipping and delivery before I obtain a couple of much more shades at $8 each and every. They have an Olive and June membership system for $30/calendar year that gives you totally free transport, a 10% low cost on anything, and “special surprises”. I never imagine I would buy adequate for the membership to be worthwhile.
Ultimately, Olive and June has loads of videos that you can observe so you can hone your abilities on your own as effectively as no cost Bootcamp and Masterclass on the web periods that you can indication up for.
In sum, I assume Olive and June is an attention-grabbing strategy. I imagine the Mani Program is excellent for gifting, for younger persons starting off out, or even for those of us who have been sprucing our nails for a long time since it’s under no circumstances way too late to improve! Look at out the Olive and June web site and see for oneself.
Have you tried the Olive and June Mani Technique still? If so, what did you imagine?